Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bedroom Makeover

Sorry for not having before photos they were on my phone that crashed and burned. I do however have some snapshots of some accents in the bedroom. I was inspired by another blogger for the black, green and white decor. I started by making pillow covers for my bright blue and bright coral pillows that I found on clearance at walmart for $4 a piece. Ok, I can drag and drop pictures!

I also grabbed a mirror that my Mother was going to yard sale for a dollar which had been gold and she repainted it white to sell it in the yard sale. I took it and painted it black and it was FREE! That is my F monogram in the middle of the mirror.



This is my F monogram that I thought would look cute above the headboard with 2 smaller frames beside it. I got the F at Hobby Lobby for little to nothing and had a coupon for 40% off one regular priced item. I got this for probably 50 cents I guess and painted it with black acrylic paint that I already had I used it on the mirror too.



The next buy I'm sooooo proud of! I found a thrift store curtain rod. I was so excited it's metal and was just $2.99 they are usually 9-12.00 at Walmart and 6.00 at Big Lots. I grabbed this up as soon as I saw it there was 2 of them but I only needed one so I was rather happy ok ok I was really estatic :) My walls are white the lighting in there causes picture to not be so great during the day.


I found real wood 5x7 picture frames at the thrift store still in plastic for 50 cents a piece so I painted them black to match the room and made some little birds to go on the inside. I LOVE little birds they are kind of retro and what not. I made these without thinking how I was going to hang them I now have 2 birds facing the same direction :( Price $1 I had the fabric as scraps and all the other stuff too!



I told my sweet Mother that I was going to buy candle holders like the one's she had and she said oh! you can have these don't go buy any. So she gave me her candles holders and candles so they were FREE!


I will try to find a picture of the full room as soon as I can!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love all the creative (and inexpensive!) idea you have for your bedroom. I look forward to future posts. Good luck with classes!